A while back a comedian by the name of Jeff Foxworthy made us laugh at ourselves while he made a lot of money pointing out the truth of life. His comedy shtick, was called, ‘You might be a Redneck, If…’ and proceeded to list slice of life items that made us laugh cause they contained truth. Here’s only 10 in no particular order.
You might be a redneck If:
1) You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.
2) You own a home that is mobile an 5 cars that aren’t.
3) You own a homemade fur coat.
4) The Salvation Army declines your mattress.
5) Your schools fight song was Dueling Banjo’s
6) The taillight covers on your car are made of red tape
7) You’ve ever financed a tattoo
8) Your dog and your wallet are both on a chain
9) Redman Chewing tobacco sends you a Christmas Card
10) Your house doesn’t have curtains, but your truck does
And on and on….quite amusing I think we all would agree.
Why is it in religion, we want to all condemn those homosexuals and queers as abominations? Ask anyone who says that and ask him or her, where does it say that in The Bible? Chances are they won’t know the exact chapter and verse, yet, they will have to go back to that Old Testament to get it, you know that part of the book that modern religion teaches is old, and done away with. That Law thing that we’re not ‘under’ anymore cause our homeboy ‘Jesus’ took care of dat and we’re now under grace.
Why is it that modern religion want to throw out that ‘Law’ cause it’s sooooooo burdensome and done away with, YET, will gladly take up the tithe of people’s money and say homosexuals are abominations. Sounds like selective religious amnesia to me, choosing to remember what we want to remember and choosing to forget what we want to forget.
While the Word of The Creator does list a host of activates as abominations in Leviticus 18, I’ve come up with another list of 10 other Abominations that we might want to review before we go to that Big 'A' in Lev. 18. So here goes, I’ll only do 10, there are more!
1) You might be an abomination IF you have lying lips! Proverbs 12:22
a. Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.
2) You might be an abomination IF you have wicked thoughts! Proverbs 15:26
a. The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD, but gracious words are pure.
3) You might be an abomination IF you have Pride! Proverbs 16:5
a. Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished.
4) Your Money might be an abomination! Proverbs 20:10
a. Unequal weights and unequal measures are both alike an abomination to the LORD.
5) Your Prayers might be an abomination! Proverbs 28:9
a. If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination. (You still want to say The Law is done away with? (Matt 5 17-20)
6) Your Food might be an abomination! Deuteronomy 14:3
a. "You shall not eat any abomination.
(‘Jesus never ate a pork chop nor a BLT, Thank God!)
7) Your Worship might be an abomination! Deuteronomy 17:3-4
a. and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abomination has been done in Israel,
8) Walt Disney cartoons might be an abomination! Deuteronomy 18:10-12
a. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.
9) Dare I say your Fleur DeLis, Gold Crucifix, Rabbits foot could be an abomination! Deuteronomy 27:15
a. "'Cursed be the man who makes a carved or cast metal image, an abomination to the LORD, a thing made by the hands of a craftsman, and sets it up in secret.' And all the people shall answer and say, 'Amen.'
10) Your lips may be an abomination! Proverbs 16:6
a. a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
(Might want to think about what you say about someone before you say it!)
As you can see, these aren't as funny as Jeff Foxworthy’s yet they are just as True since they are the Words of The Creator who speaks only Truth. There are more. My point, if we who profess belief in the Creator from The Beginning of The Book would check our own abominations, then possibly, quite possibly, those other abominations wouldn't have a foothold to grow in The Body.
Feedback always welcome, Rick@ GodleyWorks.com
PS: I do a prison ministry here on the states called 'Prison Breaks: Life in the Cells' and one thing I have noticed is that these men don’t have family members visit them as much as you might think. So I am starting a Stamp and phone card ministry for them to write and call their families. If you want to invest, so led, so do. This is separate from CLM, so make sure you don’t take away from them, but set aside, if you are so led, and send it to GodleyWorks, mark it prison funds. Thanks.