Thursday, June 9, 2011
If I ever lead a 'Bible' study, these are the 'Ground Rules' as of 6/8/11
Cave of Abdullam Bible Study Ground Rules (1 Sam22:2) as of June 7, 2011
1) Be a Berean (Acts 17:10-11) Act 17:10 And the brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. They, when they arrived, went into the synagogue of the Jews. Act 17:11 And these were more noble than those of Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind and searched the Scriptures daily to see if those things were so.
2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
2) If Jesus could reveal Himself out of Moses and ALL the prophets of Scripture, so should we. (Luke 24:27) Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
3) If we want to know the END, where should we go to find out? According to The Creators Word? THE BEGINNING!
(Isaiah 46 9-10) Remember former things from forever; for I am God, and no other is God, even none like Me, Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure;
4) We now look at Scriptures as an Agricultural Book & A Military Manual, not a Theological, Denominational, Religious book.
5) The Most Important Parable, According to Jesus is Mark 4 and Matthew 13. Jesus said, if you don’t understand this one, how are you going to understand the others!
6) We have Inherited Lies and Falsehood in religion, things that don’t profit us anything. (Jeremiah 16 19-21) Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD.
7) His Name is not LORD. (see the front of your bible)
8) Two Fundamental Questions we always ask:
a. Did God Say? (Gen 3:1)
b. Who Told You? (Gen 3:11)
9) There is only The Creator and The Corruptor; There are only 2 seeds, there are only 2 Trees Names in the Garden and The Creator didn’t plant the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
10) Jesus didn’t come to start Christianity. (Acts 1:6)
a. Or any other ‘religion’ for that matter
11) When it comes to The Word you are reading right in front of you: Believe what you read don’t read what you believe!
a. Re read the above 3 times slowly
b. Still doubt, then go to Item 8
12) Who is the Teacher?
a. Rick Godley? NO!!!!
b. Your Pastor? NO!!!!
c. Your Denomination? Doctrine? Dogma? NO!!!!
d. The Holy Spirit
i. 1 Cor. 2 esp.v 13, Luke 12:12, John 14:26
ii. Exodus 4 12-15
iii. Deut 4:1
iv. Psalm 25:8, 27:11, 32:8, 86:11, 119:12,
13) Who are we? Ordinary Unschooled men….(Acts 4:13)
a. Don’t need no stinkin’ seminary degree for pin headed theology (see rule 12)