Total Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2013

'Well I think it means.....' I was taught......' Blah blah blah....





If any of these phrases enter a dialogue when discussing Scripture then we have moved off Truth and into Opinion, which has nothing to do with His Word.  Curb this phrase from your vocabulary and you will see more in His Word than ever before!   This will help you get rid of those 3-D Glasses (Doctrine, Dogma, and Denomination) .  These phrases make for good talk radio but not Truth.

Phrases I've heard from others while studying ‘The Word’ 

“What I was taught….”                    “What I was led to believe…”

“I believe…..”                                    “I just gotta believe…”

“What I think it means…”               “I was told…”        “I kinda Thought….”

“I was always told…”                       “I was taught…”           “ I've been taught all my life…”

“I always heard…”               “To Me….”     “According to  (fill in pastor or teachers name here)…”

“I don’t think I’m sinning…”       “I just thought…”                    “What we were taught….”

“Everything I’ve been taught since I was a child…”

“In my heart of hearts I believe…”

“God knows my heart….”

Deu 29:19  And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:

No comments:

Post a Comment