Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You can control your stress level!


Note: I can't take credit for this, I didn't write it. It came as an e mail, but I felt it worth sharing.

The True Meaning of Stress

Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon,

and some days you're the statue.

A stress management counselor addressing an audience holding a glass of water. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?' She fooled them, smiled and said,

"How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers were called out, "8 oz. to 20 oz."

She replied, "The weight really doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm would feel broken. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it seems."

"And that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens

24/7, sooner or later, as the burden becomes

increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."

"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed and rested, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time practiced.

Therefore, everyday as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down; don't carry them through the evening and into the night ... you can pick them up again tomorrow if you must.

Are you carrying burdens? Relax, put them down, pick them up later.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is

to serve as a warning to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment