Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Did ‘Jesus’ come to start a religion called ‘christianity’?

Did ‘Jesus’ come to start a religion called ‘christianity’?    

Get your ‘bibles’ out.  I like to refer to them as the author referred to them, Scriptures.  My question, in all sincerity, where does it say that ‘Jesus’ came to start a religion called ‘christianity’?   I realize that many will cite Acts 11:26, ‘and when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that even for a whole year they were gathered together with the church, and taught much people, and that the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.’  My question, who called them ‘christians’ and why?  We’ve all heard the stories, that they were called Christians because they were ‘little christs’.  And just what does that mean?  Ever think about it?  Why would we want to adopt a greek term for what The only Begotten Son of The Creator came to do?  Especially, since ‘Jesus’ wasn’t Greek? Especially since ‘Jesus’ never even said in His earthly ministry that He came to start a new religion!  If He did, I would respectfully ask you to show me where He said this?

I do know that He came to do the will of His Father.  John 5:30  ‘I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.’

He came in His Father’ Name, not in the name of ‘christ’; John 5:43  I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.’

He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, not to start another religion with a greek name; Mat 15:24  But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’

Matter of fact, I read where He was against religion, see all the woes He railed at the religious systems of His day, Matt  23 and Luke 11.

How about His disciples, did they pick up this ‘christian’ moniker?  Do we have any Scripture where they became ‘christians’?  Even Paul, where did he become a ‘christian’? 

In Acts 8 we read the story of the Ethiopian eunuch who was reading from the scroll of Isaiah  53, Philip begins to explain out of the prophet all things concerning fulfillment of the prophecy in The Messiah, ‘Jesus’ if you will.   At which time, they came upon some water to get baptized (mikva).  Notice it doesn’t say ‘to become a ‘christian’ anywhere, matter of fact there was no roman road down there in the desert for Philip to take him down to get him ‘saved’ and into the religion of Christianity.

Can we find anywhere in the book of Hebrews instructions to become part of a new religion called Christianity?

Does James address his letter to my fellow Christians?  James 1:1, ‘James, a Bondservant of God and of Adoni  ‘Jesus Christ’, ( I don’t he would have used that Greek term but we’ll let  it go for now) TO the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greetings.’   To the WHAT?  WHERE?  The 12 tribes!  Notice he didn’t say to the Baptists, or The Catholics, Protestants, Judaism etc.  And where were they?  Notices James preached the Torah all throughout his letter.  The Perfect Law of Liberty!  James 1:25 Not the brutal Law of Bondage.

Even in Revelation, you would think that IF ‘Jesus’ did come to create a new religion call ‘christianity’ He would have addressed them as such.  After all He is trying to give inight into the Revealing of Himself and ‘the things which are and the things which will take place after these things’ (Rev 1:19)  No where do I find Him referring to ‘my fellow christians’.  Matter of fact it is highly suspect that a Jewish Rabbi would speak to His Jewish disciple in greek?  I don’t he said to John, I am the Alpha and the Omega as if it were a greek fraternity at a college football game.  Rather He would have said I am Alef Tav.  And John would have immediately known who He was because John was reading Alef Tav all in his Scriptures all his life.  We don’t have clue as to what that means because it’s been taken out of all our English Bibles!

The wise men from the east knew who ‘Jesus’ The Messiah was, Matt 2.  They understood who He was to rule and what His subjects were to be called.  ‘For out of you shall come forth a ruler, who will shepherd My people Israel.’  I doesn’t say, my people who will be called Christians.
In Judgment times of Matt 19:28, notice that His disciples will be judging the 12 tribes of Israel, not the 32,000 denominations of christianity.
According to ‘Jesus’ what is the 1st commandment?  Mark 12:29, ‘Hear O Israel, The Lord (title not His Name) Our God  is One!’  He didn’t say, Hear O church of Christ, Hear O Baptists, Hear O Catholics etc…. Hear O Christians!

After the resurrection of The Messiah, He walked this planet 40 days and all we have of that time period are 8 verses in Acts 1.  What was on the heart of His Disciples who had received the Holy Spirit (before Acts 2) see John 20 19-23, and had been sent with their marching orders on their mission Matt 28 18-20, All they wanted to know , ‘Lord is at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?  Acts 1:6  They didn’t say, are now at this time coming up with a new religion we can name after a Greek deity?

Before you begin to wonder about your faith and your ‘salvation’ experience, (Are you Experienced?) rest assured I am not questioning that at all.  See Ephesians 2:11-15, You are now part of the Commonwealth of Israel v12, and all dogma, doctrine of man are abolished re: denominations, V15, might that even then possibly be demon-nominations?

Finally Paul never says, hey guys I found a new and better way called Christianity in all the times he’s invited to speak in public and in the synagogues.  He does say in Galatians 3:29, that ‘IF you belong to Messiah, then YOU are Abraham’s ‘SEED’, heirs according to the Promise’.  What Promise?  That’s where we go back for our future.  Beginning in the Beginning to read and understand what our heritage is that we are heirs of!  Lots more, but that’s enough for now.  

One Post note:  Notice I never denied, ‘Jesus’ as Lord.  I am not denying ‘Jesus’ as the Only Begotten Son of The Father.  I am not denying Him as THE Redeemer and Savior And Restorer and Repairer of the Breech etc.  And I am not nor  have I ever said there are lots of ways to get in The Kingdom.

I am saying that our religion could be an idol.

Its time to believe what we read and stop reading what we believe!


No comments:

Post a Comment